Sentient Vision Systems, Melbourne, Australia
November 2016 to present
- Developing computer vision algorithms driven by detection and run-time metrics (soft real-time).
- Completed Coursera Machine Learning course and disseminated knowledge for other collegues for future use.
- Developing and testing prototype user interfaces for mission critical systems.
- Client facing responsibilities, including producing external specifications documentation to ensure proper progress and outcome.
- Conducted initial research to find and select most suitable company-wide software development unit-testing framework.
Self Employed, Hamburg, Germany
Software Engineer and Interaction designer
June 2015 to October 2016
Academic Support Special Staff
September 2014 to May 2015
- Developed and constructed crowd-sourcing survey website gathering data from over 3000 participants.
- Collaborated with Microsoft Research Cambridge to develop Human Computation driven icon selection algorithm.
August 2012 to August 2014
- Created live performance interface with integrated social feedback, user tested with 8 discjockeys and 3 visual artists.
- Created web-based live interaction system for ~100 active participants as part of multiple live broadcast shows.
- Conceptualized and tested new interaction gestures with 19 participants in user study.
- Contributor to JSPS Science Dialogue Program, lecturing high-schoolers on conducted research.
- Public speaking engagements on multi-touch interaction, and improving artist communication.
- Daily cross-field collaboration and weekly update reports.
Technical University of Denmark, Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark
May 2009 to April 2012
- PorkCAD a virtual pork product prototyper, which utilizes a haptic feedback pen, designed in collaboration with Danish Technological Institute and Danish Crown.
- Developed and published a novel registration-based interpolation algorithm.
- Developed and published a specialization of a state-of-the-art 3D texture synthesis algorithm.
- Delivered best presentation (by popular vote) at SCCG '12
- Completed Basic Robot Training with ABB Robotics Partner, and developed C++-based Robot-overlord API
- Instructor on Computer Vision and Image-based Registration course.
January 2009 to April 2009
- Designed and produced award-winning gaze-interaction based computer game using a proprietary game engine.
CodeLab Aps, Copenhagen, Denmark
Part-Time IT. Consultant
November 2007 to November 2008
- Co-designed threaded SMS gateway with a rigid fail-safe structure to ensure no message ever goes undelivered, regardless of connectivity issues. Retrieves and stores incoming/outgoing SMS messages in database.
- Learned to love Java Servlets and Struts 2.
Metalogic A/S, Copenhagen, Denmark
Part-Time Software engineer
May 2006 to October 2007
- Maintained and developed clickable .net widgets for web-based applications.
- Designed and implemented a prototype time registration application.
- Learned to love .net.
Part-Time Software engineer
November 2005 to April 2006
- Re-designed and deployed the Copenhagen University natural sciences website.
- Implemented in-house web-based tools used upper, mid, lower levels of management.
- Learned to ... ASP 3.0
all by phone+net gmbh, Hamburg, Germany
Software developer and IT-Support
November 2001 to August 2002
- Built time registration system used daily by management and over 200 employees to manage and record their daily tasks.
- Developed multiple in-house tools to maintain and manage registration system, used by multiple team leads and middle managers.
- Serviced and maintained linux webservers and prepared Oracle and MySQL scripts.
Connect IT, Hamburg, Germany
Administrator and IT-Technician
March 2001 to November 2001
- Maintained and deployed LAN, and connected hardware.
- Inspected, serviced, and prepared computer hardware for re-sale.